Elite Talent Hub LTD is a specialist in permanent staffing solutions for clients nationwide.
Our client is looking to hire a highly motivated and experienced Finance Manager to work in an exciting Hospital setting in Limerick city on an initial 12 month Fixed-Term Contract. Attractive HSE salary and benefits on offer for the successful candidate.
Purpose of the Role: Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Finance Manager will lead and manage the Finance function within the hospital. As a key member of the executive management team, the successful candidate will be required to make a valuable contribution to the strategic management of the Finance function as well as provide a high level of independence and objectivity. This is an opportunity for an experienced finance professional to fully utilise their professional, technical and management skills in an environment that promotes a high-performance culture. As well as leading the Finance function, the Finance Manager will have corporate responsibility towards the management and development of the hospital, influencing strategy and delivering key objectives and targets.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing the new Integrated Financial Management System (IFMS), the new single national integrated financial management and procurement system for the Irish Health Service.
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of the management, development and control of the financial resources of the Hospital, ensuring all statutory targets and duties are fulfilled.
- Responsibility for management of Accounts Payable and Receivable, Payroll and Pensions services.
- Professional leadership of finance, procurement, contracting, business planning and building projects.
- Executive lead for the design and delivery of annual Cost Improvement Programmes.
- Executive lead for implementation of IFMS and other finance management systems as may be required.
- Develop the short/medium/long term financial strategy in line with the hospital’s overall strategy/corporate plan.
- Responsibility for budgetary advice and setting and key input to major capital project expenditure.
- Ensure that the organisation’s finances are managed wisely and effectively deployed.
- Keep up to date on management accounting issues particularly in the sector and make recommendations on developments relevant to the hospital.
- As an Executive Team member, corporate responsibility for the management and development of the organisation, influencing strategy and delivering key objectives and targets.
- Assist the internal & external audit functions and address any weaknesses as may be identified.
- Be responsible for modernising and managing change in the finance function.
- Be responsible for the introduction of new initiatives, policies and procedures and working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Ensure that the governing bodies and executive management team receive accurate and timely financial information each month.
- Line Manage: Deputy Finance Manager, Procurement Manager, Accounts Officers, Payroll Officers.
- Professional Accountancy qualification and be a member of a recognised body of accountants (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, or equivalent).
- Detailed knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles and Financial Regulations.
- Detailed knowledge of managing a significant annual budget.
- Demonstrate considerable experience of operating at a management level in a finance setting.
- Knowledge of Activity Based Costing (ABC) and Activity Based Funding (ABF) systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications including advanced competency in Excel.
- Experience of successfully leading and managing a diverse team.
- Proven project management skills with evidence of delivering on projects.
- The ability to lead, direct and influence multiple stakeholders and ensure buy-in to plans and their implementation.
- Experience in a healthcare environment and experience of procurement in the public sector highly desirable.