Elite Talent Hub LTD is a specialist in permanent staffing solutions for clients nationwide.
Our Client is looking to recruit a Clinical Nurse Manager l (CNM l) to work in an exciting Hospital setting in the heart of Limerick city. Attractive HSE salary and pension on offer to the successful candidates. Post is full-time and permanent.
Contributes towards the management of the ward/department. Deputises for the CNMII as and when required. Provides professional leadership and support. Actively promotes practice and educational development at ward / departmental level. Acts in accordance with the NMBI code of Professional Conduct. Report directly to the Clinical Nurse Manager II in assigned area. Is professionally accountable to the Director of Nursing. Is clinically accountable to the Assistant Director of Nursing
Eligibility Criteria, Qualifications and & Experience
Each candidate must, at the latest date for receipt of completed applications for the post:
- Be registered or be eligible to be registered in the General Division of the Register of Nurses & Midwives maintained by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) A Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann.
- Have a minimum of 3 years post registration nursing experience in an acute hospital environment of which 1 must be in the speciality or related area.
- Have the requisite knowledge and ability including a high standard of suitability and clinical, managerial and administrative capacity to properly discharge the functions of the role.
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development at the appropriate level Proof of current registration will be required before employment is confirmed.
- Practitioners must maintain live annual registration on the relevant division of the Register of Nurses and Midwives maintained by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann).
- Confirm annual registration with NMBI to the HSE by way of the annual Patient Safety Assurance Certificate (PSAC).
Candidates for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Candidates for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Essential Skills, competencies and/or knowledge
- Demonstrates knowledge of speciality.
- Demonstrates clinical & professional ability particularly in relation to patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of caring for patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current and future trends in health care.
- Shows knowledge of caring for a wide range of medical/surgical conditions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of speciality.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Hospital Policies e.g. Major Incident, Fire etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of National initiatives in promoting quality care.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical stance.
- Knowledge of Research based practice and its application to own area of work including current HSE policies, National clinical frameworks and the National Service Improvement agenda.
- Demonstrate continuing professional development.
- Deputises for CNMII.
- Organisational and management skills.
- Ability to prioritise own work and that of others.
- Demonstrates understanding of bed management.
- Acts as a role model and credible clinical practitioner.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to listen without prejudice.
- Ensures regular teaching and professional development in department/ areas of responsibility.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Proven Leadership skills.
- Analytical approach and problem solving skills.
- Experience of measuring and evaluating outcomes to secure improvements in standards of care.
- Shows willingness to share own knowledge with others.
- Adapt pro-active approach to difficult situations.
- Demonstrates openness to change.
Other Requirements Disposition/ Circumstances
- Shows innovation and creativity.
- Ability to motivate self and others.
- Demonstrates flexibility.
- Ability to proactively work with other members of the team.
- Supportive role towards staff and relatives.
- Solution focused approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrates an awareness of HR policies and procedures including disciplinary procedures, managing attendance etc.
- Demonstrates an ability in IT skills relevant to the role.