Elite Talent Hub LTD is a specialist in permanent staffing solutions for clients nationwide.
Our Client is a leading engineering services company with a proven track record of high quality, customer focused project delivery for over 130 years. Their core divisions include Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Sprinkler and Fire Protection. Some of the other services they provide include Waste to Energy (BioEnergy), Specialist Lift, Off Site Fabrication, Technical Support Services, Maintenance, Asset Management, BIM (Building Information Modelling) and Geo-Surveying. We offer competitive salaries, financial support for further training, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) leading to chartered status, performance incentives and the ability to progress your career with a world class engineering contractor.
As an EHS Lead, you will play a pivotal role in our project implementation and delivery processes. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and industry experts to safely deliver the completion of projects. Your responsibilities will include managing and maintaining the company’s Safety Management System and CMS System. This role will be based full time onsite in a project based in Kildare.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct regular formal site audits and carry out inspections as directed in the Safety Management system/PSCS.
- Attend Safety Leadership Tours.
- Coaching and mentoring staff in creating a positive safety culture.
- Participate in external Quadra EHS Audits with relevant closeout.
- Reviewing RAMS/Subcontractor documentation.
- Communicate the findings of the audits to site management and Commercial EHS Manager and assist in the closure of issues in line with JEG policy.
- Assessing the EHS function to identify areas for improvement and develop new initiatives.
- Investigating and analyzing incidents and identifying root causes.
- To provide training and information to the workforce using appropriate training aids and media, communicating, and promoting initiatives for accident prevention and greater EHS awareness.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant environmental health & safety legislation.
- Ability to manage, mentor and promote the professional development of a team of EHS professionals ranging from senior to junior level.
- Maintaining management systems in accordance with ISO 45001/14001 and Safe T Cert.
- Represent the company impeccably with client, subcontractors and third parties.
Skills and Requirements
- To excel in this role, you should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Relevant Level 7 EHS qualification essential.
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience in a similar role is essential.
- Experience working in the Construction Sector.
- A Mechanical background would be advantageous.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office required.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
Our client offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and supportive environment, collaborating with industry leaders and contributing to a sustainable future. Our Client values work-life balance and encourages professional growth through training and development programs.