Elite Talent Hub LTD is a specialist in permanent staffing solutions for clients nationwide.
Our client, a leading manufacturing company in their respective field have a requirement for an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Officer to join their team based at their facility in Killarney, Co. Kerry.
Reporting into the EHS Team Lead, this role requires an individual who is able to work individually and as part of a team. You will have a high degree of resilience who can build relationships across our client’s business and be able to positively influence at all levels. You will identify problems and provide suggestions for improvement.
The key duties of this role will include:
- Supporting the company Installation and Service Department and activities.
- Promote a positive Safety Culture.
- Guide and mentor company Project Managers, Project Engineers on site set up, and act as the EHS interface with the client or prospective clients.
- Give guidance on the site safety management folder and templates, train and mentor company Site Supervisors and Project Engineers (what is required and when).
- Carry out site inspections/surveys on all company departments through the different sectors of the company and maintain a high standard of safety.
- Liaise with the HSA and EPA on occurring issues and inspections.
- Provide advice and support on key legislative requirements.
- Maintain, progress, and monitor the site EHS programs.
- Maintain EHS records for inspection during external and corporate audits.
- In conjunction with the Contracts Manager/Service manager, review, update and carry out safety and environmental risk assessments.
- In conjunction with the Contracts Manager/ Service manager, support the development of specific site Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Site Induction and Safe Systems of Work for both site and service contracts.
- Assist in managing the hazardous waste materials and ensure compliance to company IPPC licence requirements.
- In conjunction with the Contracts Manager/Service manager, ensure that all waste is managed and disposed in a proper manner and all documentation and records are maintained, kept up to date and filed away as appropriate.
- Carry out occupational monitoring e.g., gas survey, noise monitoring and dust survey.
- Work with the EHS Team Lead and Manager to ensure compliance to relevant safety and environmental legislation.
- Conduct safety inductions for all new personnel.
- Assist in writing and carrying out on specific Toolbox Talks and Safety Notices.
- In conjunction with the Site/ Service Manager, conduct incident/accident and near miss investigations and preparation of reports.
- Ensure with the Site Manager that all statutory inspections of plant and equipment are carried out and records on file.
- Any other EHS duties as required by relevant sites and services manager.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- At least 1+ year’s experience working in an EHS role within the manufacturing sector ideally.
- BS/ BA in Health and Safety or related field.
- A good working knowledge of EHS legislation & process safety within a manufacturing facility.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- Good computer skills essential especially Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and someone who can build good working relationships across a business and be able to positively influence at all levels.
- Work well in a busy and fast-paced environment.