Elite Talent Hub LTD is a specialist in permanent staffing solutions for clients nationwide.
Our client is a leading engineering services company with a proven track record of high quality, customer focused project delivery for over 130 years. Our clients core divisions include Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Sprinkler and Fire Protection. Some of the other services our client provides include Waste to Energy (BioEnergy), Specialist Lift, Off Site Fabrication, Technical Support Services, Maintenance, Asset Management, BIM (Building Information Modelling) and Geo-Surveying. Our client offers competitive salaries, financial support for further training, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) leading to chartered status, performance incentives and the ability to progress your career with a world class engineering contractor.
Position: Junior Project Manager
Location: Office – Cork
As a Junior Project Manager, you will play a pivotal role in our project development and construction process. You will work closely with the Project Manager as well as a multidisciplinary team of engineers and industry experts to deliver cutting-edge projects in the Renewable Energy Industry. Current requirements allow for a base in our Little Island office, Co Cork. with site visits required to on-going projects throughout Ireland.
Responsibilities will include:
- Update the project schedule using Microsoft Project.
- Monitor subcontractor performance using EVA (Earned Value Analysis) to identify potentials issues and risks.
- Create/update progress reports for senior management teams.
- Create/update short-term look ahead schedules to help plan project works.
- Record evidence of delays and notify Project Manager.
- Make modifications to the programme as required.
- Maintenance of the construction schedule.
- Track planned versus actual progress on a weekly basis.
- Working with the construction team to capture and log any issues affecting progress.
- Attend meetings both internal and client based where required.
- Monitor original versus actual budgets for scope growth/changes.
- Ensure all progress is captured in updates on system.
- Assist in production/coordination of weekly construction reports.
- The successful candidate will be supported in developing their knowledge and skills as their responsibilities grow and evolve.
Skills and Requirements
- To excel in this role, you should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Degree Qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline/Project Management.
- Experience in Renewable Energy projects is advantageous but not a requirement, demonstrating your understanding of industry best practices and technologies.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, able to collaborate effectively with colleagues, clients, and external partners.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office systems required, Microsoft Project a necessity.
- Demonstrated appetite for continuous learning and personal development.
Our client offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and supportive environment, collaborating with industry leaders and contributing to a sustainable future. Our client values work-life balance and encourages professional growth through training and development programs.