Elite Talent Hub LTD is a specialist in permanent staffing solutions for clients nationwide.
Our Client is a leading engineering services company with a proven track record of high quality, customer focused project delivery for over 130 years. Their core divisions include Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Sprinkler and Fire Protection. Some of the other services they provide include Waste to Energy (BioEnergy), Specialist Lift, Off Site Fabrication, Technical Support Services, Maintenance, Asset Management, BIM (Building Information Modelling) and Geo-Surveying. We offer competitive salaries, financial support for further training, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) leading to chartered status, performance incentives and the ability to progress your career with a world class engineering contractor.
Position: Mechanical Estimator (Process)
Mechanical Estimator is needed to join one of Irelands largest and most successful M&E Contractors with a full-time position available in Cork. The Mechanical Estimator will join the Estimating Department working on tenders/RFPs , primarily in the Industrial & Commercial HVAC sector.
The role will be office-based working alongside, and with, other estimators, admin, and reporting to the estimating manager. Duties include:
- Downloading and filing RFPs (request for price – Tender).
- Carry out a full review of RFP documents such as scope of works, Method of Measurement, BOQs, appendices, drawings, P&IDs and prepare/highlight comments on same.
- Preparing supplier and subcontractor RFQs (requests for quotes).
- Reviewing all RFP documents and getting a full understanding of the RFQ requirements in terms of scope, schedule, BOQ etc.
- Highlighting any anomalies early in the tender stage.
- Providing stats and liaising with other depts within the Mechanical Division, such as Project Controls, Construction, EH&S etc.
- Establishing and maintaining a relationship with these supporting depts to ensure smooth collation of the tender/proposal.
- Liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Carry out commercial and technical analysis on all quotes received from both sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Issue tender queries and prepare tender reports.
- Attend mid tender and post tender meetings.
- Complete the final handover to the project team on award.
Skills and Requirements
- Relevant Degree or Trade background
- 2+ years’+ experience working as a Mechanical Estimator
- Good communication skills – Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to read drawings and P&IDs.
- Knowledge of mechanical material & system types, supply chain, and sub-contractor network
- Training on in house procedures will be provided.
Our client offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and supportive environment, collaborating with industry leaders and contributing to a sustainable future. Our Client values work-life balance and encourages professional growth through training and development programs.