Elite Talent Hub LTD is a specialist in permanent staffing solutions for clients nationwide.
Our Client are an internationally recognised leader in Fire Protection Systems. They are internationally approved to Design, Manufacture, Install, Service & Commission to all standards & have Award Winning expertise in Fire Sprinkler Protection, Foam enhanced Fire Protection, Gas Protection, Firewater Mist Protection, Insert Gas Protection & Special Hazard Fire Protection.
The Project Lead will support the Project Engineering team in enhancing our Project Management activities. The Project Lead will be responsible for leading, coaching, mentoring, training and supporting a team of Project Engineers to maximise their full potential, implementing training and coaching programme to fulfil operational requirements in line with Company strategy, policies, procedures and processes, manage the recruitment, onboarding, performance management, retention, employee engagement and learning development of team members within the Project Management section of the Department.
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Hours: 37 hrs per week.
Days: Monday – Friday.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and lead Project Engineers overseeing multiple projects from design to commissioning and collaborating and supporting the Commercial, Design and Service teams.
- Development and updating of Design SOP’s, Manuals, Procedures for your Department in line with legislative, regulatory, Company and Client requirements.
- Schedule and plan for upcoming works and provide updates to relevant Departments to ensure project resources are available when required.
- Ensure all projects are tracked, monitored, planned and progress updated in relevant project management schedules and systems.
- Review and analyse reports in Structures and all project data is up to date for accurate invoicing and billing.
- Develop and implement standard designs and project tools used to build efficiencies in project execution.
- Review all drawings as per code - provide succession development training of staff to upskill their abilities to do same.
- Support Design team during periods of absence for Design Lead.
- Support Project Engineers to ensure they pass internal and external audits and inspections.
- Coach, mentor and train employees with all aspects of Design and Project Management related functions.
- Manage the recruitment, onboarding, performance management, retention, employee engagement, and learning and development of team members.
- Develop a Workforce Plan ensuring full compliance to the recruitment and selection process to secure staffing requirements on time and within budget.
- Develop, review and amend job descriptions/key competencies for each role in the Department.
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with Managers; planning and delivering training including staff onboarding.
- Ensuring technical competence is developed within the team and efficient work practices are maintained.
- Support and mentor the team members on building people capability; managing people risk and ensuring the employee experience enables them to achieve their goals.
- Demonstrating accountability and ownership for team performance, working with team on deliverables and liaising with functional management to resolve issues.
- Deliver internal and external communications to all stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Promote and maintain a positive HSEQ culture and safe work environment in conjunction with the companies Health & Safety Statement and support inhouse CSR initiatives.
- Proactively engage in all Company lead initiatives while ensuring best practice standards are promoted and maintained.
- Ensure all written documentation is accurate, timely and legible, keeping all records up to date at all times.
- Degree in Mechancial and/or Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 10+ years working experience as Senior Project Engineer/ Project Manager
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office skills, knowledge of sprinkler systems/designs and Autocad and Revit software
- Demonstrated skills in Project Management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work and manage challenging workload
- Flexible, adaptable and can-do attitude to work
- Proven record of building and sustaining effective and professional working relationships; being a trusted advisor to colleagues
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and reliability skills.
- Six Sigma – Lean
- PRINCE or similar Project Management Qualification
- LPCB - Basic, Intermediate and FHC Exams
- Train the Trainer or similar Qualification
- First Aid & Fire Warden Certified