Elite Talent Hub LTD is a specialist in permanent staffing solutions for clients nationwide.
Our Client is a leading engineering services company with a proven track record of high quality, customer focused project delivery for over 130 years. Their core divisions include Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Sprinkler and Fire Protection. Some of the other services they provide include Waste to Energy (BioEnergy), Specialist Lift, Off Site Fabrication, Technical Support Services, Maintenance, Asset Management, BIM (Building Information Modelling) and Geo-Surveying. We offer competitive salaries, financial support for further training, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) leading to chartered status, performance incentives and the ability to progress your career with a world class engineering contractor.
Position: Project Planner
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Based in Frankfurt, Germany, reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning activities and progress reporting of the mechanical works for a large value, high-tech manufacturing facility. The successful candidate will be required to manage all aspects of planning and reporting including work sequencing, activity durations, programme logic and will be required to produce periodic progress reports including percentage complete, S/E ratios and KPI’s. The Planning Lead will be required to interface with in-house mechanical team and external project parties to develop a coordinated and deliverable schedule.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the planning team in development of detailed EPC construction schedules for baseline agreement with client
- Complete schedule health checks prior to baselining for accuracy, integrity and critical path validation
- Ability to fully resource loaded schedules, produce and track KPI’s
- Ensuring accuracy and timely updating of construction schedule
- Track planned versus actual EV progress
- Working with team members to unsure system in place to capture and log any issues via the appropriate change control mechanisms
- Attending site meetings as required (internal and client based)
- Monitoring original versus actual budgets for scope growth/changes
- Monitoring & updating inhouse database project control system
- Monitoring fabrication workshop production and site installation progress
- Productivity tracking of craft labour Spent vs Earned hours
- Ensure planning owned deliverables in the production of weekly /monthly construction reports are completed on-time
- Producing weekly, monthly and periodic reports for internal and external purposes
- Support PMT in development and execution of project programmes
- Manage and support planning team members in executing projects
Skills and Requirements
- To excel in this role, you should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Relevant 3rd level qualification
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience (preferably including M&E contracting experience)
- Experience in Primavera P6 software required (min 5years)
- Ability to interrogate & challenge where necessary Main Contractor / General Contractor programmes
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and availability to regularly visit projects
- Knowledge of forensic planning and delay claim analysis
Our client offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and supportive environment, collaborating with industry leaders and contributing to a sustainable future. Our Client values work-life balance and encourages professional growth through training and development programs.