Elite Talent Hub LTD is a specialist in permanent staffing solutions for clients nationwide.
Our client is an internationally recognised leader in Fire Protection Systems. They are internationally approved to Design, Manufacture, Install, Service & Commission to all standards & have Award Winning expertise in Fire Sprinkler Protection, Foam enhanced Fire Protection, Gas Protection, Firewater Mist Protection, Insert Gas Protection & Special Hazard Fire Protection.
The Role: As a Senior Designer, you will work closely with our high-profile client base to design fire protection sprinkler systems. You will produce Auto-CAD and Revit drawings for Electrical and Mechanical installation work and ensure that standards are adhered to and that drawings produced are of the highest quality, all in accordance with Q.A. procedures. You will create Hydraulic Calculations using industry-approved software, plan project programs/scheduling, and prepare submittals. You will work closely with the Operations and Installation teams to communicate; problem solve and update drawings for all coordination and designs. The Senior Designer will have overall responsibility for all aspects of the Sprinkler Designs by approving them before being submitted to the Project Team.
Hours: 37 hrs per week.
Days: Monday – Thursday, 9am-5.30pm, Friday, 9am-5pm
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design fire protection sprinkler systems for high-profile clients.
- Produce CAD drawings for Electrical and Mechanical installation work.
- Responsible for all aspects of sprinkler design, including hydraulic calculations, shop drawing preparation, stock listing.
- Design and layout of fire protection systems to meet LPC/NFPA/FM criteria.
- Review and production of detailed fire protection Schematics such as Fire Sprinkler Protection, Foam enhanced Fire Protection, Gas Protection, Firewater Mist Protection, Insert Gas Protection & Special Hazard Fire Protection.
- Mentoring of Projects and Design colleagues.
- Preparation of design drawings covering all aspects of mechanical elements.
- Creation of installation/construction and fabrication drawings.
- Assist with the preparation of technical documentation for issue of tenders and construction.
- Close out of all project items, and review and action any lessons learned.
- Prepare hydraulic calculations and project submittal drawings.
- Produce 3D Deliverables using Revit.
- Decipher information received from various formats (sketches, BIM Execution Plans, Architectural drawings).
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as Fire Sprinkler Industry Designer.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, 2D AutoCAD and Revit MEP design software such as AutoSPRINK or similar software with a minimum of four years of experience modelling these systems.
- Must be capable of performing Clash detection using Navisworks and Revit interference check, export Clash reports, review clash reports, etc.
- Ability to extract BOQs and fabrication drawings from Revit.
- Experience in working on large commercial fire protection systems.
- Demonstrated skills in management of project schedules and deadlines.
- Competent in reading and effectively interpreting architectural/engineering plans, schematics, design drawings, etc. for Irish and European projects.
- Must be proficient in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven record of building and sustaining effective and professional working relationships; being a trusted advisor to colleagues.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and reliability skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland.
- Ability to commute/relocate to Mullingar, Co. Westmeath - Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work.