Elite Talent Hub LTD is a specialist in permanent staffing solutions for clients nationwide.
Our Client is looking to recruit Nursing staff to work in an exciting Hospital setting in the heart of Limerick city. Attractive HSE salary and pension on offer to the successful candidates.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess patient care needs and plan, implement and evaluate programmes of care, using research-based practice and agreed nursing model(s).
- Manage allocated patients in a structured, organised and safe manner.
- Deliver holistic care in accordance with hospital policies, procedures and guidelines and in accordance with the Code of Professional Conduct and within the Scope of Practice Framework.
- Promote patient advocacy and maintain patients privacy and dignity.
- Play an active role in infection prevention and control and ensure the hygiene and cleanliness of the hospital is maintained at a high standard.
- Work effectively within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Involve patients and their relatives in the delivery of patients care in preparation for discharge.
- Help to maintain an effective learning environment for trained staff, students and course participants.
- Act as a facilitator and supervisor for Health Care Assistants
- Adhere to all NMBI Guidelines and legislative documentation
- Contribute to nursing quality assurance by assisting in data collection, audit and research programmes, practice development initiatives and be involved directly/indirectly in nursing committees/groups etc., within the hospital.
- Attend all mandatory Hospital study days
- Be responsible for on-going nursing education by way of Faculty of Nursing Courses or other on-going nurse education in U.L. and participate in seminars and study days arranged by the Hospital.
- On an occasional basis and on night duty, to act as Shift Leader/Nurse-in-Charge in the absence of senior staff, following the CNM’s operational practices and requirements so far as your knowledge and experience permit.
- Act as an effective role model and seek to develop effective leadership skills.
- Share responsibility for appropriate and cost-effective use of resources.
- Maintain and promote effective working relationships.
- Maintain effective communication and dissemination of information.
- Ensure that all untoward incidents, accidents and hazards are actioned and followed up in accordance with hospital policies and practices.
- Participate in performance reviews of junior and support staff.
Health & Safety
- Promote the safety and wellbeing of patients, staff and any other persons, at all times.
- Assist in ensuring a safe working environment.
- Maintain own awareness of, and comply with, policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety (whether statutory, hospital or ward-based), and assist in ensuring the compliance of other staff.
- Be familiar with fire instructions and participate in organised fire drill as directed by hospital authorities from time to time.
- Be a registered General Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI)
- Proof of current registration will be required before appointment is confirmed
- Should have the necessary nursing experience to adequately discharge the duties of the post
- Should be an effective communicator with good interpersonal skills, self- confidence and organisational ability.
Essential Skills, competencies and knowledge
- Broad knowledge of clinical nursing research-based practice.
- Knowledge of Scope of practice
- Knowledge of Clinical Risk Management, Infection Prevention and Control & Health & Safety
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make appropriate clinical decisions in relation to nursing practice
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload efficiently and effectively
- Logical problem solving & general decision making ability
- Ability to lead & motivate others
- Be proactive and take initiative
- Flexible to changing needs of the service
- Ability to get on with other members of team