Elite Talent Hub LTD is a specialist in permanent staffing solutions for clients nationwide.
Our client, a leading manufacturing company in their respective field have a requirement for an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager to join their team based at their facility in Killarney, Co. Kerry.
Reporting into the Production Director, the EHS Manager will manage the EHS team and be responsible for delegating tasks as well as support, guidance and coaching of the team. You will have a high degree of resilience who can build relationships across our client’s business and be able to positively influence at all levels. You will identify problems and provide suggestions for improvement.
The key duties of this role will include:
- Management of all Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) activities within the company, including installation projects and activities at locations outside of the manufacturing facility in Killarney.
- Advise on the company health and safety policy and practice, and assist individual Managers and Supervisors in its implementation.
- Drive projects to actively promote a culture of Safety and Environmental awareness, excellence and continuous improvement.
- Management, development and co-ordination of the EHS team.
- Lead in the development of EHS systems and ensure the company complies with all applicable regulations.
- Drive continual improvement of EHS performance and internal EHS processes.
- Construct and manage annual improvement plans for EHS, and implement in conjunction with departmental management teams.
- Carry out internal auditing & inspection of the EHS system to ensure continuous improvement of the system.
- Periodically inspect plant and workplace for compliance with the provisions of the health and safety policy, and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Organise safety committee meetings and liaise with elected department safety representatives regarding matters of safety, health and welfare.
- Bring to the attention of management new legislation, codes of practice, and any other matters affecting safety, health and welfare.
- Work with the site management team, site safety representatives and workforce to manage EHS.
- Ensure that all incidents and accidents are thoroughly investigated and reported both internally and externally as necessary.
- Management of EHS documentation and ensuring the Integrated Management System is updated with the most recent documents.
- Liaise with Insurance providers regarding all visits and manage any actions generated, be the link between site and insurance providers.
- Manage the completion of annual and periodic reporting to the EPA as required by the IPPC licence.
- Ensure that emissions from site are monitored and reported as required.
- Periodically review and revise emergency response procedures.
- Periodically review and revise the company safety statement.
- Develop EHS objectives and targets, and management programmes to drive continuous improvement.
- Deliver training and coaching on key EHS topics as necessary.
- Build close working relationships with key stakeholders and continually strive to improve overall EHS performance.
- Developing specific site Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Site Induction and Safe Systems of Work for both factory and site works.
- Ensure waste is managed and disposed in a proper manner and all documentation and records are maintained, kept up to date and filed away as appropriate.
- Carry out occupational monitoring e.g. gas survey, noise monitoring and dust survey
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- Minimum of 4-5 year’s experience working in an EHS role within the manufacturing sector.
- BS/ BA in Health and Safety or related field.
- A thorough knowledge of EHS legislation & process safety within a manufacturing facility.
- The ability to lead and direct others plus the ability to work as part of a team.
- Good computer skills essential especially Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work well in a busy and fast-paced environment.